I don’t know anyone who does not like fries! If you don’t, give us a shout out in the comments below! And if you do like them, share with us what is your favourite way to have them? I can’t lie, I like mine with ketchup!
However, traditional “french fries” is not the healthiest option, especially if we eat them all of the time. So in this post I am bringing you one of my favourite healthy kitchen secrets: baked sweet potato fries!
Sweet potatoes are awesome: they are indeed sweet but they are also a great source of Vitamins A, C, and B6. Plus, they usually have fewer calories than regular potatoes – funny, right?
So here’s my recipe for doing some tasty baked sweet potato fries at home:
- one third of a sweet potato (the ones I buy at Aldi are very big)
- sesame oil
- sea salt
How to do:
- Pre-heat the oven at 220 degrees
- Cut the portion you need from a sweet potato
- Wash your sweet potato piece thoroughly
- Cut your sweet potato in “french fries” style
- Season your raw sweet potato fries with a little bit of sesame oil, sea salt & parsley
- Make sure your fries are well coated (but don’t put either too much oil nor salt)
- Put some kitchen foil in a tray and spread your fries evenly
- Let it bake for 20-30 minutes
And there you go – sweet potato “french fries” ready to surprise your senses!
If you like these kind of recipes, follow my instagram account (@work.life.fitness) – you will find plenty of ideas on my instagram stories!